What to do with masterUserName ?

Feb 13, 2008 at 8:39 PM
Am i supposed to change the "admin@domain.local" username to the login of the existing site collection admin for the target site ?

If i don't then i get stuck at Central Administration configuration step 10 b because WSS will not allow me to set "admin@domain.local" as the primary site coll. administrator, So i am trying to do it the other way round, by changing masterUserName and masterUserPassword to match the credentials of the target site admin (which is the same as for the central administration site BTW) but then step 10 b in the instructions seems kind of pointless.

I am following all the instructions and tips here but seem to get stuck,
At the end of the ride first time i login over the login form, i do get authenticated but then i get a screen saying access is denied , sure looks like i am doing something wrong with the masterUserName login.

BTW should there be no need to restart IIS (or just the target websites) during the whole process.

Any hints are welcome, i really want to get this to work !
Feb 13, 2008 at 11:12 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2008 at 1:00 AM
After downloading the source code i can mostly answer my own question:

The XML defines a default item in the list which obviously uses the admin@domain.local login so i guess this is what i should have used in both web.config files.

Edit: Bingo, got it working now, my other mistake was i forgot the activation of the Feature needs to be done both at the site collection and site level.

Now let's see if i can get this to work in combo with FormsBasicAuth, another nifty tool here on CodePlex....?