List instances not created?

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:27 AM
When I installed this software using the deployment guide, I expected a list instance named Site Members to be created on my site. It was not automatically created - should it have been? Should a roles list instance called RolesConfig have been created, also?

I created a Member list manually without a problem.

Although I didn't have a role list, there were some roles defined - employee, executive, administrator, etc. These are defined in your IntellinetMemberList in the Field "Role". This field also has a SourceId attribute. What is this attribute for? It references a GUID that doesn't exist elsewhere in your project - is that a problem?

Thanks,
Russ
Oct 1, 2007 at 2:54 PM
Update: I manually created an Intellinet.RoleConfig list and added a user to the Membership list, and was able to log in just fine!

Still confused though about the field "Role" that shows up in the membership list and and how it's related to the RoleConfig list...
Mar 18, 2008 at 2:34 AM
Remember, you have to turn the features on at the Site Collection level AND at the site level.... Had the same problem that you did, but as soon as I turned them on at the site level, everything was created (except the login aspx page which was downloaded from this site separately).