The mastername failed while checking username

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:15 AM
I am installing the provider step by step,but when I run into
"Central Administration configuration"
--> "10"
-->"b. Set the primary site collection administrator to the master user defined in the web.config."
my sharepoint prompted that "No exact match was found."

Is anybody get the same problem?
And anybody can bring some advice to me ?
Apr 21, 2008 at 10:43 AM
Update:
I have soluted the mastername problem by keeping the mastername "admin@domain.local" and password"Pr3P@r1S".

But still get stuck with the login action.
There is no memberlogin.aspx page for download ,so I skip the default login page changing step,
I login in the default login page sharepoint provided ,but after inputing the mastername "admin@domain.local" and password"Pr3P@r1S",
the screen gleamed and back to the default login page.The login is failed.

What can I do next?
Any advices are welcome, i really want to make this work !
Apr 22, 2008 at 2:34 AM
It's a wonderful morning for me!
I have beat the problem updated upstairs .
The soluting action is ,after the activation the List Membershp Provider Features ,
I make the administrator's "IsApproved" field checked,this means the user is approved to login .

However,another fash-pig appeared,I can not add any user although I have input all fields.
Mar 6, 2009 at 1:01 PM
Hi  Jecoso,

how to find the admin@domain.local.

i am trying to match but my sharepoint prompted that "No exact match was found."

can you help me...

thanks........
Mar 19, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Hi Jesoco,

Could you please tell me where is the administrator 's "IsApproved" field in SharePoint.

I got stuck with this for a day.

Many thanks.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Hi Jesoco

switch to  Windows Authentication mode to go back to the site, edit the user list by doing view all content and edit the administrator, you will find a checkbox 'IsApproved'. Check it and you will now be able to log in after you switch back to list authentication.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Aug 11, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Hi,

I have followed the guide and also took some suggestion on this forums.  However, I still can't login using the master user id.  The admin@domain.local is isapproved.  any suggestion? is the siteurl in the web.config = the site collection or just a base url of the application? really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Hoang

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:34 AM

now I get a little futher.  the browser accepts the login information for admin@domain.local.  However, it said this users doesn't have permission.  Since I can get to this user when I login using Window Integrated method, I can't grant permission to this user.

really appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I'm not sure why central administration is unable to find the user based on the comments here, but the last comment by @wyhoang seems to be caused by a failure to set the admin@domain.local user to be the site collection administrator in central administration.