Please clarify instructions

Aug 12, 2008 at 5:38 PM

I tried your install without success. I have some questions about the install document...

1) Find the entry <trust level=”WSS_Minimal” originalURL=”” /> and change the trust level to Full so the line reads <trust level="Full" originUrl="" />

Which WSS_Minimul are you referring to?
  <system.web>
    <securityPolicy>
      <trustLevel name="WSS_Medium" policyFile="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\config\wss_mediumtrust.config" />
      <trustLevel name="WSS_Minimal" policyFile="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\config\wss_minimaltrust.config" />
    </securityPolicy>

or     </siteMap>
    <trust level="WSS_Minimal" originUrl="" />
    <webParts>

If it is the first option do I delete the policyFile value and make it blank? Do I do this for the CA web.config file as well?

2) Add the following <PeoplePickerWildcards> XML to turn on the ability to search the membership list for users.  If the <PeoplePickerWildcards> XML element is not already part of the web.config file, it should be inserted between the </SafeControls> and the <MergedActions> tags near the top of the file.

<PeoplePickerWildcards>

<add key="CLMembership" value="%" />

</PeoplePickerWildcards>

Do I just add a new entry for CLMembership or replace the ADD entry already there?
      <add key="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" value="%" />

Do I add it exactly the same way for the CA web.config file?

3) What is this account? should this be a local account on the server? Or is it created for me?

masterUserName="admin@domain.local"

masterUserPassword="Pr3P@r1S"

4) When I set this in the web.config file for the central admin does this mean I can only have one site collection that can uses a list provider? Can I add another section in <providers> for another collection that uses its own SiteURL?
When I set it for the web application web.config file can more than one web app use the same SiteURL? Can more than one site collection use the same SiteURL?

SiteURL="http://domain.preparis.com/Content/"

What is the scope of these tags with respect to the web app and CA?